Free De-Escalation Training for Businesses Operating During COVID-19
Event registration is now closed. Additional de-escalation videos coming soon.
Check out the following tools and resources created to help you gain support from loyal customers and community members while ensuring their health and safety through physical distancing.
Business Marketing Toolkit and Resources
Check Out Our Social Post Creator
Download Our Safer At Home Business Plan
Business Marketing Toolkit and Resources
We know you’re working to reopen safely and strongly and it’s time to tell the community how they can support your business! Use this marketing toolkit to easily communicate and encourage the ways in which the Fort Collins community can rally behind you.
Ask Your Customers to Buy Giftcards or Pre-Pay for Services
Just because your customers aren’t actively taking advantage of your services doesn’t mean that they can’t pre-pay for when they will! Encourage customers to call your business or go online to pre-pay for your services by buying a gift card or by creating an option to purchase a service online for a future date.
For example, if you own a salon, you can ask that haircuts or nail appointments are booked and paid for in advance or, for our restaurant businesses, offer gift cards for a future round of drinks. These transactions can be handled over the phone or online.
- Make it as easy and seamless as possible for your customers to purchase from you by integrating an online transaction tool into your website
- If you can’t accept online payments, use an online form to gather information and call to collect payment
- Send handwritten thank you notes to those who do purchase a gift card or prepay for services – the more interesting or heartfelt the note, the more likely your customer will share it with the world increasing your reach!
Use Instagram Stickers to sell gift cards online, learn more here.
Promote Delivery or Curbside Pickup Options
If you are offering delivery or curbside pickup, clearly state how customers can participate in that process with a clear call to action and no more than a three step plan.
For example, for a restaurant this could be:
- Choose from Our Online Delivery Menu
- Complete Your Online Purchase
- Pick Up Curbside and Enjoy!
Be sure to promote your options by leveraging your current marketing tools. For example, send an email, post to Facebook and Instagram and be sure to state on your website that you are still open for business and the ways in which your customers can receive your product or services.
If you are a restaurant, and you don’t have the resources to deliver, use a service such as NocoNosh to get orders into the homes of your customers.
Ways to promote Delivery or Curbside Pickup Options:
- Post on Facebook and Instagram
- Update Your Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor or Other Listing Website
- Send an Email to Your Email List
- Add to Your Website Homepage
Ask Your Audience for Reviews and Referrals
Asking for reviews is not only free, but it is also simple and incredibly impactful. People trust one another more than they trust advertising messages – and studies show that 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business or purchasing a product.
There are a ton of review websites out there, but we recommend focusing on the following, in order of importance:
- Google My Business – for all businesses with a physical location
- Facebook – for all businesses
- TripAdvisor – for all tourism, entertainment and dining businesses
- Yelp – for all B2C businesses
- Angie’s List – for contractors and home improvement businesses
Ask Your Followers to SHARE Your Posts
- Support your business by sharing your posts with their friends or forwarding an email to their networks
- Post images of themselves patronizing your business in one way or another – wearing swag, holding your product, in front of your location, etc.
- Share how they are #ForFoCo and let’s spread the message!
Safer At Home Business Plan
We know that the safety of your staff and customers is vital to the success of your business and that’s why we’ve created our Safer At Home Business Reopening Plan and Checklist. This document has everything you need to reopen your business safely and in accordance with the Governor’s Office. From sanitation measures to internal policies, we outline things to think about, guidelines and resources and best practices.
Follow The Movement
Keep up with the latest by following the hashtags #ForFortCollins and #ForFoCo
Visit NoCoRecovers.com for information about business relief and additional resources.