Business Licenses & Permits

City: To register for licenses, city taxes, file returns and manage tax accounts, visit
State: For state taxes and a Sales Tax ID number, visit to register your business and file with the state
Federal: All forms of structure, except sole proprietors with no employees, must obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), which is also your federal tax ID number. Visit the Internal Revenue Service.

Determine if you need additional permits or licenses with our Business Licenses & Permits FAQs:

Clerk’s Office:

  • Liquor Licensing
  • Marijuana Licensing

Sales Tax:

  •  Liquor Occupation (this is in addition to a liquor license)
  • Outdoor Vendor (food trucks)
  • Short Term Rentals
  • Special Events Permit
  • Looking for other special licensing & permits?


  • Signs & banners
  • Contractor Licensing
  • Home Occupation Permit

Larimer County Health Department:

  • Health Requirements
  • Food & beverage safety training and certificate program

State of Colorado:

  • Child Care Licenses
Translate »